Where will my donations go?
Every dollar donated goes directly towards funding:
- Inclusive research trials. That means collaborative medical research and trials in your community that include women and address their unique needs.
- Access to information. When we equip women with the information they need to access the healthcare they deserve, they become their own advocates — and show others that they can do the same.
- Higher standards of care. We know that enhancing the facilities and programs in our local women’s hospitals to match world-class model-of-care lays down the foundation for better, safer treatment.
Why donate to women’s health during COVID-19?
We know that the lasting effects of the pandemic will disproportionately affect women and their health:
- Women comprise 82% of health workers across Canada, putting them at higher risk for exposure to the virus.
- Social distancing and self-isolation pose a major threat to women, as intimate partner violence rates increase.
- Prior to COVID-19, more than 1.9 million Canadian women lived on a low income – a number which will rise as the economic impact of the pandemic devastates sectors that employ a high percentage of women, including education, restaurants, hospitality, and social services.
- Women take on 70% of unpaid responsibilities at home – like caregiving, cooking, cleaning, and homeschooling.