Women’s Health Collective Canada National Summit:
Pathways to Equity
The Alberta Women’s Health Foundation is proudly serving as host to the Women's Health Collective Canada (WHCC) National Summit in Edmonton on the 20th and 21st of November, 2023. In collaboration with fellow founding partners BC Women’s Health Foundation and Women’s College Hospital Foundation and presented by the Shoppers Foundation for Women’s Health ™, this is the Collective's first summit in a post-pandemic era which will chart a path for the work that lies ahead seeking equity in and the advancement of women's health research.
The two-day Summit brings together the three WHCC founding members and research partner institutions, the Women’s Health Research Institute, Women and Children’s Health Research Institute, Women’s College Research Institute, and IWK Health, who make up the Partnership for Women’s Health Research Canada (PWHR). Participants will celebrate the work accomplished since the Collective was formed in 2019, sharing their research and latest findings.
They will also look to the future, discussing how to systemically advance women’s health research and build a strategy to engage new partners from across Canada.
Location: Robbins Pavilion, Royal Alexandra Hospital 10240 Kingsway Ave. Edmonton, AB T5H 3V9
Date & Time:
- November 20, 7:30 am – 7:00 pm
- November 21, 7:30 am – 11:00 am
Register for Virtual Offerings
Register for the Women’s Health Collective Canada National Summit's virtual offerings, featuring a keynote address by Dr. Lana Potts, a Family Physician specializing in First Nations Health. Dr. Potts, a key authority on healthcare in First Nation and rural communities, will deliver a powerful presentation on systemic barriers, health access, and women’s health, inspiring action and fostering community support for lasting change. Don't miss this opportunity to engage with Dr. Potts' insightful perspectives.
We are thrilled to invite you to the Women’s Health Collective Canada National Summit’s Research Seminar: "Resolving Women’s Pain - Research Driven Innovations," featuring experts:
- Dr. Allana Munro — BSc Pharm, MD, FRCPC, Anesthesiologist (IWK Health) and Associate Professor (Dalhousie University) - A novel approach to optimizing labour analgesia using Programmed Intermittent Epidural Bolus (PIEB).
- Dr. Erin Kelly — M.D., Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Alberta & Women and Children's Health Research Institute (WCHRI) - An integrative approach to chronic pelvic pain care.
- Dr. Luis Nacul — M.D. & Ph.D., Director of the Complex Chronic Diseases Program (CCDP), BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre & Women's Health Research Institute (WHRI) - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and other complex chronic diseases: Advances in diagnosis and treatment.
- Dr. Rachael Bosma — Ph.D., Co-Director, University of Toronto Centre for the Study of Pain & Women's College Research Institute (WCRI) - Rapid access to care for people living with pain: Creation and implementation of the Power Over Pain portal.
Partnership for Women’s Health
Research Canada (PWHR)
PWHR is supported by the founding members of the WHCC and the IWK Foundation to achieve the vision of “Better health for all women, trans and non-binary people through research equity, excellence, and inclusion”. PWHR’s partner institutions bring together more than 775 women’s health researchers from diverse disciplines who address women’s health issues across the lifespan. Learn more at pwhr.org.
for Women’s Health ™
Shoppers Foundation for Women’s Health ™ – the charitable arm of Shoppers Drug Mart® – is committed to helping Canadian women lead healthier lives, by making care more equitable and accessible. The Foundation will invest $50M by 2026 to address some of the most pressing health inequities facing women, including lack of representation in health research, barriers to accessing mental healthcare, and the urgent consequences women disproportionately face due to poverty and domestic violence. Learn more at shoppersfoundation.ca.